Monday, January 11, 2010

Morning

As some of you may know I love to read. I read every night before I go to bed and I listen to book in the car because my commute is one hour each way. I found this wonderful author. Nancy Thayer. Her books take place in Nantucket and Boston. Nancy Thayer is a Nantucket novelist and is the author of nineteen novels, including The Hot Flash Series (Hot Flash Holidays, The Hot Flash Club, The Hot Flash Club Strikes Again), Custody, Between Husbands and Friends, An Act of Love, Belonging, Three Women at the Water's Edge, and Everlasting, Summer House and Moon Shell Beach. Nancy Thayer’s books concern the mysteries and romance of families and relationships: marriage and friendships, divorce and love, custody and step parenting, family secrets and private self-affirmation, the quest for independence.
I fell in love with the books Summer House and Moon Shell Beach. I went to the library and picked this one book out. Its called Morning. It is fantastic. Here is the description of it.

The one flaw in the marriage of blond, voluptuous Sara Kendall and her blond, virile husband Steve, the one ill wind ruffling the calm of their home on Nantucket, is Sara's inability to conceive a child. Thayer's plodding narrative focuses on Sara's ritual temperature-taking and calendar-watching and her monthly disappointments. Her frustrations and jealousy of all child-bearing women and especially of Mary, Steve's bitchily fertile former girlfriend boil up into accusations against her hapless husband. Then Sara finds a fascinating story about a Kansas farm girl turned international temptress interpolated among the otherwise uninteresting pages of a novel she is editing, recognizes its enormous literary merit and autobiographical verisimilitude, forces her way into the writer's reclusive presence and sees the rewritten novel through to its prize-winning publication.

I can really relate to the main character Sara. She goes to Boston to see a gynecologist and she then has a HSG test, which I have had. It is just a great book that I can relate to.
I urge you to go to your local library and see if they have it available. Its an old publication, 1988, but I think you will enjoy reading it.

No comments: