Friday, April 3, 2009

Turning 34

I will be turning 34 on Sunday. I will be celebrating with family. My close family are coming to our house for dinner. I am looking forward to that. I am planning on having my nieces color Easter eggs. That should be fun for them. They can always make me smile and I love them so much.

I can't help but be a little sad also. I should of had a 4 month old with me to celebrate my birthday. I just pictured my life so much different than what it is. My last birthday I said oh next year I will have a baby with me. I can't help but think that I was supposed to be a mom already. My birthday wish will be the same as it was last year. Please bless us with a child this year. I hope this year it comes true.

I am also getting ready for surgery on Thursday. I think of it as one step closer to being a mom. If I just get it all fixed then I can move on and try to have a baby. I had my pre op appointment and the doctor explained everything to me. I am explaining this because I know some of you want to know what the surgery entails and what the recovery will be like.

She will take care of my scarring and will cut the septum. She will then put a balloon in there and it stays in for about a week. This prevents scarring and prevents the uterine walls to not close together. She said the surgery will take about an hour. I will have some cramping with the balloon in there. I of course asked her if I could workout and she said its up to whether it feels comfortable working out with it in there. She said she wouldn't spin because it will be uncomfortable on the bike. There will be a catheter attached to the balloon and it will hang out of me and she will attach it to my leg. Good thing its not summer because I wont be wearing a bathing suit!

I will then be given medication to prevent me from getting my period so the uterine walls can heal. So I am looking at 6 to 8 weeks of healing before I can try to get pregnant again.

I will keep you all posted on how it goes. I can't stress this enough, I know alot of women who have had miscarriages and they go do the testing and like my old ob/gyn, the doctor does not do a hysteroscopy just an HSG. This does not sometimes detect uterine abnormalities. It didn't with me because I have a tilted uterus. I went to a Reproductive endocrinologist(RE) and I urge you all to do the same. I think they are a little more thorough with the testing. If they don't do the hysteroscopy, please ask for it.

I wish you all luck and I hope we will all be mothers very soon. I am hoping my birthday wish gets to come true this year.

No comments: