Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Acceptance

I just finished listening to Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs.
I enjoyed this book so much. There was one part in the book that I actually taped on my cell phone so I could remember it. I wrote it down so I could really think about it. I have been struggling with God and wondering why he lets bad things happen. Why did he take two of my babies away? When I heard this, it put things into perspective and made me really accept what happened. Almost a year later from my second miscarriage I can say I accept it now.

One of the characters is sick and she talks to someone about God. He said this:

“These things happen. They are not cosmic tests; they are not retribution for all the naughty things you’ve done all your life. It’s just something wrong with the wiring.
God cries when we are in pain. He cries with us and supports us. He stands back and lets us sort things out, lets the doctors do their work, lets your body heal itself.”

The lady asked, “And if it doesn’t?”

“Then he welcomes you home with open arms. He’s not about the body he is about the soul.”

These words touched me and made me really think about it. It was not something I did, I am not being punished for something I did when I was younger, it’s not something I could control, there was just something wrong with the “wiring”. Something must have not been right. God welcomed my litte ones home with open arms.

I can accept this now.

2 comments:

Mrs.Andreazza said...

“Then he welcomes you home with open arms. He’s not about the body he is about the soul.”

That is a beautiful quote. Thank you for sharing that.

Kristin (kekis) said...

Those words are so true. They are often difficult for us to understand and accept but true nonetheless. Thank you for including them in your post.