Thursday, March 19, 2009

Surgery scheduled

The surgery is scheduled for April 9th. I have never been happier. I am a little scared but I feel this is a good thing and this just puts me one step closer to being a mother.
I have been reading online and in my miscarriage book that I have and it all makes sense. I am surprised they never thought to check into it before. I went 8 months not getting pregnant when all along they could of found out when they did the testing before back in July. I guess things happen for a reason. I wouldn't have gone to the RSC if I hadn't had trouble getting pregnant again. The odds of miscarriage with woman with a uterine septum is 80-90%. That is huge! My doctor explained to me that where my septum is at the top of the uterus is where embryos like to implant. Base on my blood work and test she came to the conclusion that this definitely was the reason why I miscarried twice. Also, why I wasn't getting pregnant was because there was scarring from the D&C. I kept on saying that all along. I kept telling my doctor that there has to be scarring there. I cant just get pregnant twice just like that and then boom, nothing. Well that got confirmed as well. My gut instincts were correct. When the doctor called the other day I told her my doctor kept on saying that you don't get scarring from d&c when you miscarry. You get scarring when you give birth and then you have one. She said well not really. They are more common in d&c's if it was evasive.

I will go next week for my post op appointment. I have alot of questions. I feel very positive I will have a positive outcome.

Please I urge you all that are getting the testing after your miscarriages to please ask for a hystroscopy. This is the gold standard in detecting uterine abnormalities. They sometimes give you and HSG, which I had, but it doesn't always show it. My uterus is tipped and where the septum is they couldn't tell by that. It can prevent you from going through a lot of heartache of not knowing why and you don't have to except that it was just "bad luck".

1 comment:

Mrs.Andreazza said...

Wow! That is great that you finally have so many answers and a solution! I will say a little prayer for you and hope the surgery goes quick and easy for you. I can't believe all the stories I hear nowadays with doctors either a. not listening to their patients, or b. just not doing all the right tests or telling flat out lies because they are misinformed! It is really scary. It seems like it's almost mandatory to get a second opinion to really find out what is going on! I'm glad you found such a helpful and knowledgable docter!