Monday, March 29, 2010

12 weeks-I just jumped a huge hurdle.

As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed.


I jumped a HUGE hurdle today. I turned 12 weeks on Sunday. Last night I had some spotting. I was so scared today. I had my scheduled appointment this morning. I was preparing myself for the worst, but hoping for the best.

My husband came with me this morning. We first had the ultrasound. The baby looked perfect. He/she was so much bigger than the last time we saw the baby 2 weeks ago. The baby was moving all around. The ultrasound tech said I am measuring a week ahead and everything looks great. The hematoma is gone!

The doctor wanted to check my cervical length just because of my history of miscarriages. He said it was a 33. They like to see it 35-45 so its a little low but he will watch that too. So ultrasounds every 2 weeks. If it goes to 25 they will do a cervical cerclage.

He then checked my uterus and its measuring at 14 weeks. He said what can we do to help you get through this easier. I said see you every week? He said, well we will see you every 2 weeks. I feel good they are watching me and my fears that I have a valid.

I feel like I just did a huge jump over this hurdle this week. I am starting to feel excited, happy, and positive. I have a good feeling all will turn out ok.

No comments: