Monday, March 15, 2010

10 weeks


Baby's now the size of a prune!With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will start working too.)
I can't believe I am 10 weeks! I am feeling great. I am still tired but I feel more confident about this pregnancy. I even told a few people at work. I did have a little scare this weekend but today I had an awesome appointment with my ob/gyn today.
So Saturday night when I went to the bathroom I felt something come out. I looked in the toilet and it was a small whitish and red clot. I had some brown spotting and that was it.I was so scared I went to the emergency room yesterday. I was just so scared that something was wrong. I cant help but he petrified that something will go wrong. I thought for sure I lost my mucus plug and I was going to miscarry. I was so upset my heart rate was 130. I had an ultrasound and the baby looked awesome. We waited for 5 hours and never saw a doctor. I said I am happy with knowing all is ok I will see my doctor tomorrow.
So today was my first appointment. My doctor just sat with me for a good 20 minutes just talking about what I have been through, what is not safe to eat, how I will get scared because of my history, which is understands. We need to watch the subchorionic hematoma,but he is confident that all will turn out ok. I am still on pelvic rest and no exercise. He just wants me to take it easy. My HCG was 129,000 for last night, so my numbers are great! He also said I will spot alot because of the hematoma. It was probably just mucus that came out and maybe a little blood. I then heard the heartbeat on the Doppler. What an amazing sound! It was very strong at 171. Then I had an exam. He said all looked perfect. He wants to see me in two weeks for another ultrasound and then I will see him again. He also gave me a due date of October 12, 2010.
I said it will be a long 30 weeks with me. He said, we will be seeing alot of each other.
I then has some bloodwork, about 7 vials!
I am more at ease and feel more confident that all is going to ok. I will never stop worrying, welcome to motherhood, right? But I think this baby is a fighter and strong. I cant wait to meet my sweet baby in 30 weeks!

No comments: