Wednesday, April 7, 2010

13 weeks, 3 days- Hello second trimester!

Whats happening with baby:
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)


I can not begin to tell you how happy and relieved I am to be in the second trimester. WHOO HOO!!!! I never made it this far and it feels incredible. I want to shout it from the rooftops. I am PREGNANT!!!! Talk about a huge hurdle. I am starting feel like its more real. I feel more like I am going to be a mom in 6 months and I can not wait! It has been a long time coming. I am still petrified something could go wrong. I cant help it. When someone asks me when I am due I am afraid to actually say it. Will I jinx myself by saying it out loud? Yes, its silly, but I cant help but feel this way. I had to switch to maternity clothes already. I was so afraid to buy them. They feel so much better though. They are so worth it. I went shopping one day and I was so happy to actually do this. For the longest time I couldn't wait to be able to buy maternity clothes. With the other pregnancies I never made it to this point and yes I am wearing them and proud of it!

I am sporting a little, umm well actually a big bump for how far along I am. I am concerned that I am getting so big so quickly. I guess everyones body is different. I am seeing my doctor on Monday and will voice my concerns and see what he says.

Also this week I feel like I can actually walk and workout a little. I was given the OK almost 2 weeks ago but I have been afraid and frankly too tired. Its a beautiful day today and I want to go out and walk on my lunch hour. I will tak it slow and steady. No power walking for me.
I am also going to do some of my prenatal fitness DVDs I have.

Here are a few that I have and I will be trying soon.

Denise Austin: Fit & Firm Pregnancy
Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout
Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea
Crunch Yoga Mama - Prenatal Yoga

No comments: