Monday, March 1, 2010

8 weeks



Baby's now the size of a raspberry!Baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs, and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.


I have been getting migraines and more tired. I am in bed my 7:30pm. Its crazy. I come home from work eat, watch very little tv and then go to bed. I just cant my eyes open. I sometimes also have bouts of nausea. I don't get sick but if I don't eat I feel sick to my stomach and driving home from work.

I have been really watching what I eat. Not dieting but making sure I have enough calories, protein, calcium, etc. I always try to have a protein, a veggie and whole grain at every meal. My snacks are fruit, which I cant seem to get enough of, fiber one bars, whole grain crackers, V8 juice, and Stonyfield fat free yogurts, nuts, or cheese.

Speaking of yogurts, you have to really read your labels. Alot of yogurts have aspartame in them, which are not good for pregnant woman. I love Stonyfield yogurts because they are all natural.

Today I met with my nutritionist. She said I am eating great and doing all the right things. She also gave me a name of a book. Its called Expect the Best: Your Guide to Healthy Eating Before, During, and After Pregnancy by Elizabeth M. Ward. She is a dietitian. She is actually a college friend to my nutritionist. She also has a website. www.expectthebestpregnancy.com

Here is what the book is about:

Are you thinking of having a baby? Perhaps you're pregnant or nursing a newborn. Whatever the case, Expect the Best shows you how a healthy lifestyle from preconception to post delivery will help you to have the brightest, healthiest child possible. You'll find dozens of useful, easy-to-follow tips for healthy eating and physical activity, including:
Why you (and your partner) should achieve a healthy weight before trying for a baby, and how good nutrition helps maximize fertility in women and men
Trimester-by-trimester advice about nutrition and exercise during pregnancy
Safe post pregnancy weight loss, and the best eating plan for nursing moms
How diet can help you handle conditions such as gestational diabetes and morning sickness
50 delicious, nutritious, and easy recipes your entire family will love.

No comments: