Friday, November 7, 2008

Changing doctors

I decided to change hospitals and doctors. I just felt I needed a change. I had two appointments with two doctors. I wanted to make my decision after meeting them both. One doctor was at Newton-Wellesley. His name is Dr. Lerner. I was reading the book Miscarriage: Why it Happens and How Best to Reduce Your Risks--A Doctor's Guide. I noticed the author was from Newton, MA. I decided to see him. I also saw another doctor who is from Winchester Hospital. I heard of him through my boss's wife who is a labor and delivery nurse there. I asked her who she liked and thought was good. She told me she went to Dr. Dixon. His office is in Stoneham, MA.
I went to see them both. I heard both their plans for me. I really liked them both but I thought Newton-Wellesley was a little to far so I decided to go with Dr. Dixon. He was so nice and he gave me a plan. He said right when I find out I'm pregnant I am to call him. He will then put me on progesterone right away. He said I will have alot of ultrasounds and I will be given blood test every week to make sure my numbers are rising. I felt good about him. We had a plan and I felt very good about him being my doctor.

No comments: