Wednesday, February 17, 2010

We have a heartbeat!

Today we went for our first ultrasound. As I was driving down I was deep breathing and tried to relax. It was very hard to do. I was truthfully petrified. A part of me didn’t want to go. I was thinking the less I know the better.

The ultrasound tech came in and asked how I was. I said truthfully, I am so scared. I was shaking. I told her my history. She said well let me look around and then I will show you what I see. After 2 seconds she said, “well, you can relax. There is a heartbeat!”
It was 128 and I am measuring 6 weeks, 2 days. Which is exactly right. It was awesome. She went over it again and again so my husband and I could see it.
She then said that there is another sac but it doesn’t have anything in it. She looked at it and she then said she didn’t think it was another sac. It was too irregular looking. She thinks it’s a bleed. Which is when the baby implanted it bruised my uterus.
The ultrasound tech said usually we just watch you but we would watch you anyways. She sees this alot and all turns out fine. She said with your history you can come in as many times as you want. Just tell the doctor you want to come in a week or 2 weeks. She then she showed us the heartbeat again.
I was just so relieved. I was going in there and prepared to tell me there was no baby there or I miscarried.
My RE called. He said everything looks good. I can stop the progesterone shots and do the progesterone suppositories twice a day until I am 11 weeks. I am also on estrogen and he wants me to take that just once a day instead of twice a day. He said the bruise is very small and they will watch it. He said he wanted me to come in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. I said well doctor is am so scared can I come next week.He said absolutely.he said I am sure you are walking on egg shells and you will be will the baby comes out.
So I have another ultrasound in a week. My babies never made it past 6 weeks. So this is another hurdle I just jumped over.

One week at a time.

Today I am pregnant and I am so in love with my baby and its perfect little heart is beating.

No comments: