Friday, January 30, 2009

Watermelon by Marian Keyes


From the book:

At twenty-nine, fun-loving, good-natured Claire has everything she ever wanted: a husband she adores, a great apartment, a good job. Then, on the day she gives birth to her first baby, James visits her in the recovery room to inform her that he's leaving her. Claire is left with a beautiful newborn daughter, a broken heart, and a body that she can hardly bear to look at in the mirror.
In the absence of any better offers, Claire decides to go home to her family in Dublin. To her gorgeous man-eating sister Helen, her soap-watching mother, her bewildered father. And there, sheltered by the love of an (albeit quirky) family, she gets better. A lot better.
In fact, so much better that when James slithers back into her life, he's in for a bit of a surprise…
I just started reading Marian Keyes and I really enjoy her books. I friend of mine suggested her. She is alot like Jennifer Weiner and Emily Giffin who I love also. I just finish Watermelon and I was in cracking up from the first paragraph. To be honest I got a couple of her books on CD. I do that with my commute to work now. I couldn't stand the way the lady read the books. I just couldn't stand her voice and lets me honest that is so important when someone is reading to you.
So I took them back to library and I decided that I would try to read them.
As I said before I was laughing on the first paragraph and all through the book. She has about 9 books that she wrote. Here is her website. I urge to try them if you love to read as much as I do.

No comments: