Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 11

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.


She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

This is a huge week for me. With my second miscarriage I found out I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks, 5 days. My ob appointment was today and I am 11 weeks, 5 days today.
I was praying that history wasn't going to repeat itself. 

My second miscarriage was very traumatic for me. The baby died at 6weeks but I didn't know. I hemorrhaged, was rushed to the hospital, needed an emergency d&c, needed a blood transfusion,  and took 6 weeks to recover because I lost so much blood.

At the ob appointment I had to wait because he had a delivery. There was no way I was rescheduling.  Everything looked great and I heard the heartbeat on the Doppler. A strong 171!

So now I am just going to enjoy this pregnancy. I vowed I would. This is most likely my last pregnancy and I was a barrel of nerves with my son.

Positive thoughts.  I will be 12 weeks on Friday and my chance of miscarriage are 1%.

Luca will be a big brother. I just know it!





No comments: