Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 9



Your baby, now the size of a green olive, has grown about an inch since last week. Tiny muscles are beginning to form, so while he might not be ready to pump iron, he's gearing up to move his arms and legs. It's still too soon to feel anything in your belly, but you might be able to hear something at your next checkup. Try listening for your baby's heartbeat via a Doppler device — that welcome sound should be audible anytime now.


Chances are you've never felt so tired in your life and for good reason: Your body is working overtime preparing for motherhood as it develops the placenta, your baby's lifeline. At the same time, your metabolism and hormone levels are surging, which triggers a decrease in blood sugar and blood pressure. The result of all this: pregnancy fatigue. Relief is around the corner as your energy level increases (and morning sickness decreases) over the next few weeks once placenta construction is completed.

I had my first prenatal appointment yesterday.  When I got there they told me the doctor had a delivery and it was too late to call me.  I would be seeing the nurse practitioner who is wonderful.
Basically it was a nice checkup, she answered questions I had. She said just keep on doing what you are doing.
I asked her if she will be using the doppler today. She said its early, she can try but would it stress you out if we cant get anything. I said no I know its early. She did it and I couldn't hear it but the doppler picked up the heartbeat. 168!

She said you can come in next week if you want.  I have an appointment with my OB in two weeks since I didn't see him. I said I was fine to wait a few weeks.

I will then have this new test that is out.  Its going to be replacing the amnio and CVS test. Its called the harmony prenatal test. Its 99% effective for detecting trisomy.

http://www.ariosadx.com/

No comments: