Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 20- We are halfway there!


Whats Baby S up to?
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system.

Whats going on with me?
I can't believe I am halfway there to meet our little one. I never imagined I would make it this far. Although I still have fears, but I am starting to believe there will actually be a baby in my arms in October. My favorite time is when I am sitting watching tv after a long day at work and I feel the baby move around. Also when I lay in bed I can feel the little one squirming around. This reassures me that all is ok. What a great feeling it is.
I have been feeling great but this weekend though I have become nauseous if I eat something I am not used to. We had Chinese food Saturday night and I felt like crap after. I never eat Chinese food. I think I need to stick to food that I know doesn't bother me.
I also found out that I cant over eat or eat alot. I get that nauseous feeling with that too.
Here are a few pictures my niece took of me yesterday.



No comments: