Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 17- Is that the baby moving?


Whats Baby S up to?
The baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.
A few things has happened this week. First, I became an aunt again. That makes number 8. My husbands sister had her second. She had a beautiful girl. When I went to meet her in the hospital I was holding her and all I kept on thinking was, "5 more months and I will be holding my sweet baby. I can't wait."
I also realized that I don't remember how to swaddle! I totally forgot. My sisters youngest is 8 so its been a while. I think I need a refresher course.
When they were leaving the hospital my sister in law was in the wheel chair and my husband was pushing her. Her husband went to get the car and her 2 year old son was just crying wanting his mom. She had a c-section and was in the hospital for 5 days, so I think it was just alot for him. She had to hold him and she gave me the baby. I got to carry her out. I felt so privileged and special.
I have always felt blessed to be an aunt. I always thought of it as a very important role. I am also godmother to 5 of them also. I have been Auntie Sue for almost 13 years and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I love my 6 nieces and 2 nephews more than anything. I never thought I could love someone has much as I love them. I can only imagine the love I will feel for my own son or daughter. You know the saying, always a bridesmaid and never a bride. I have felt this way. Always an aunt and never a mother. In 23 weeks that will all change. I will have two important roles that I will hold very dear to me, Aunt and finally Mother.
Today when I was riding to work I felt what I believe was the baby moving. It felt like butterflies or that feeling you get when you go on a roller coaster. I think my baby loves the music I listen to each morning. It has been coming and going all day. What a great feeling it is to know, yes there is someone in there growing inside me.

No comments: