Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 19

Whats Baby S up to this week?
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid. You may also notice some darkening of your nipples, freckles, scars, underarms, inner thighs, and vulva.

I went to the doctors today. My cervix is stable and looking good. I am measuring at 22 weeks. 3 weeks ahead! He took a tape measure and checked my belly. I guess we are going to have a big baby.
I noticed yesterday that I have linea nigra, which is the the darkened line running from your belly button to your pubic bone. I also noticed that my birth mark I have on my upper lip is more prominent that it was before. All these skin changes are normal and due to hormones.
All in all I feel good. I am working out 5-6 days a week. Here is a sample of my workout schedule. I might mix it up and do one of the Prenatal DVDs I listed below. Most my workouts last 45 minutes to an hour. The weekend workouts are longer. No more than an hour and half I try to keep my heart rate below 140. When I walk hills it does go up a little.

Sunday: Walk and total body toning or Prenatal fitness DVD.
Monday: 30 minutes of Prenatal yoga DVD at night.
Tuesday: Walk 30 minutes, lower body toning.
Wednesday: Walk 30 minutes, upper body toning.
Thursday: Walk 45 minutes, 30 minutes of Prenatal yoga DVD at night.
Friday: Off
Saturday: Walk and total body toning or Prenatal fitness DVD.

My favorite Prenatal DVDs:

Element: Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga- Elena Brower. 30 minutes prenatal yoga practice.
Yoga for your Pregnancy-Co-created by Lamaze and Yoga Journal.Prenatal yoga 31 minutes, relax 17 minutes.
Crunch Yoga Mama-Sue Elkind. 40 Minute prenatal yoga practice.
Prenatal Yoga- Shiva Rea. 60 minute prenatal yoga DVD.
Denise Austin: Fit & Firm Pregnancy-20 minute cardio, 20 minute toning.
Summer Sander's Prenatal Workout- Divided into 3 trimesters. Each workout uses the identical format: an extended warm-up, a mix of varied (mostly standing) exercises and a long, soothing stretch. About 40 minutes.

No comments: