Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Is that some light I see?

We are another step closer.
I just came back from my post op appointment. I really like the Doctor. He was the surgeon and he is the director of the fertility clinic I go to. He sat us down and said he was going to go through everything with us. My husband was there with me. All my tests I had (I did an observation cycle the month previous to this one), the surgery, and what the next steps we need to take.
All my tests are fine. The surgery went well. I had a 2 cm septum. He said is this why you miscarried, he cant say for sure, but at least that is out of the picture now.

He said I have 3 options, try on our own, IUI or IVF with PGD. We are going for the IVF. The PGD is preimplantation genetic diagnosis on the embryos. They will test the chromosomes to make sure they are normal before they put them in me. I am so happy they are going to do this. Hopefully, it will be covered by insurance. I asked what the criteria was for them to cover. It is 3 miscarriages, the doctors recommendation, and 35. I will be 35 in April so I hope they cover it the testing. I think I will do it anyways if it isn't covered. I think it is worth it and it will just give me peace of mind that the embryos they put in me are ok chromosomal.

Its a two month process. I will get my period in 3 weeks, then I am put in birth control pills and then the next period they put the embryos in me. So I think we are looking at January. That will be a month shy of 2 years since we started the whole trying to conceive process. There are alot of shots, medicine involved and my odds for twins goes up. I would love twins!

So that's were we are at. I am so much closer, I can feel it. I need this nightmare to end. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a feeling 2010 is going to be our year.

No comments: