Friday, May 24, 2013

Arianna Regina

Sorry I have not blogged in a while. I have been quite busy. I had a beautiful daughter.  Here is her birth story.
On Monday the 8th I went to my OB appointment at 9:30 am.  They did a non stress test on me and the baby wasn't really moving alot. They were going to send me for an ultrasound. I told the doctor that I don't know if this means anything but I have been having more watery discharge all weekend. Could it be my water?  He checked and sure enough it was. I was leaking fluid.  He said well you are going straight to the hospital. I said I don't have my bags can I go home to get them. he was like umm no.
My husband was working in NH.  Poor thing he left work hit traffic and ran out of diesel. When he finally arrived at the hospital is was so stressed. He thought he would miss something. Little did we know the long haul we had in front of us.
So they started antibiotics and pitosin. I had to have antibiotics until I delivered. There is risk of infection when your membranes rupture and from what I could notice and remember I was leaking for a good 4-5 days.
The first round of pitosin took about 6 hours and I wasn't progressing.  Doctor said ok lets stop and have you eat and we will start up again at midnight.  Second round, 6 hours didn't progress.  He said ok were stopping let you eat and then we will start up again at 4pm. So this is now Tuesday.  He sent me for an ultrasound and it showed little fluid. So he did an internal and moved the head and all the fluid came gushing out. He said her head was like a cork.
So we did pitosin a third time. He felt confident this would work because now my fluid was really leaking.  So we started it at 4 pm Tuesday. I was progressing much better. By 9pm I was ready for the epidural.  What a relieve. best thing in the world. they checked me at 10:30 and I was 7 cm dilated.  The doctor came at 11:15 and checked and he said I was ready.  at 11:30 I was ready to push. One push  and she was out.  She was born at 11:35 pm.
I tore very minimum. Recovery was awesome. better than with Luca.  I felt fine the next day just a little sore.
She was born 8 lbs 6 oz and 22 inches long.
Luca is an amazing big brother. He loves her. Calls her his baby brother. We are like shes your sister! Every morning the first thing he says is I want to see my baby!
He is very much into helping me with her and loves to watch me breastfeed her.
I am in heaven.  My family is complete.
I cant help but think of the long road it took to get here and how blessed I feel. I have what I always wanted. I have a son and a daughter.
Here is a picture of Luca with Arianna. My two angels, my two miracles.

No comments: