Monday, August 27, 2012

We have a heartbeat!


Its just one!

I went to the ultrasound this morning. I was up most of the night with anxiety of this morning. I kept on repeating my mantras. "I had one full time pregnancy, I can do this again, They picked the best embryo, I am on progesterone and estrogen and I wasn't before with my losses." I just repeated these sayings over and over again.

This morning my son got my mind off things for a while we were driving down. He sings at the top of his lungs. I did my relaxation on the way to the clinic after I dropped him off at my mothers and again repeated my mantras.

My doctor came in when they did the ultrasound. He said how far were your losses? I said the well 12 weeks, but the baby was lost at 6 weeks. I never made it past 6 weeks.  He said well you have a strong heartbeat there at 7 and 1/2 weeks. heartbeat was 163! So from what I read after seeing the heart rate on the ultrasound, my risk of miscarriage goes down to 10%.  I just like to think of it as 90% of pregnancies are ok! 

I am released to my OB and see him in a few weeks. I continue the progesterone for another 4 weeks and estrace for another week.

I am really enjoying this pregnancy and my son. I am taking it one week at a time.

No comments: