Saturday, October 9, 2010

Welcome Luca Salvatore!

I am so happy to announce that Luca Salvatore came into our lives on 10/6/10 at 1:43 pm.

On the 5th I was having period like cramps all day and just feeling crummy. At night I forced myself to have dinner but all night I was up feeling the need to go to the bathroom. I felt so sick. Just like a stomach bug. Well then around 2 am I started to have contractions. I wasn't sure at first and then they got regular. 20 min apart. I went to my husband and said I think I am in labor. He said are you kidding? I was like no I think I am. I wrote down the times 20 min apart then 10 then 5, then back to 10, then 7, then 5. at around 6am I called the doctor. We waited for the doctor to call back and the covering doctor said to come in and lets have a look. so 6:15 we are on 93 in traffic on out way to the hospital. They were bearable but painful and still 5 min apart and sometimes 3 min.

When we got there, I was only 1 cm dilated, and 90% effaced. The nurse said well I might not keep you. Are you kidding? She hooked me up to the machine and the baby's heart rate was dipping when I had a contraction. She talked to my doctor and when she came back in the room she said well your staying and your doctor wants you on pitocin and ordered an epidural. I said well I don't think I was an epidural. She said are you kidding? why? Well after a few more contractions I said "I'll take that epidoral now". all along I am telling my husband that I think I cant do this again. I think one baby is enough.
Once I got it Oh my god! Amazing! weird because you feel nothing and cant move your legs. I told my husband oh I can have 10 kids. this is great! I guess my contractions came very very close but I didn't feel a thing!
I got the pitocin at around 11am, At about 1 I said I think my water broke. It was like a little pop. The nurse check me and she was like Yep and you are fully dilated. we need to call the doctor in.
OMG! it was so surreal. this was it. all this time I was going to meet my baby.
Doctor came in at about 1:15. I started pushing, 3 contractions, 3 pushes each and he was out!!
the doctor said its a boy. I said really? I thought for sure it was a girl. but my god I couldn't stop crying and they gave him to me right away. It was the most amazing thing in the world. To finally hold your baby. It was just overwhelming.

He was 7 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long. He is such a great baby. I cant tell you how in love I am. I wonder what we did without him. For all we went through to get here, I finally have my miracle in my arms.

Luca means the bringer of light, and that's what he did. I knew I always saw the light at the end of tunnel that we went through and now I have him in my arms.
He brought us the light into our lives, hearts, and souls.

No comments: