Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 33- 8 Months pregnant!




What's Baby S up to?
Baby’s senses are continuing to improve, when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone head-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

We are still working on the nursery. I can feel my nesting coming into play. I just want to clean and get things all done for little ones arrival. My husband painted the nursery last night. I love the color. We used Benjamin Moore's, garland green. I will post pictures when it is completed.
Thursday I have an OB appointment and I cant wait! I am having an ultrasound to see how big the baby is. I am also have a non stress test. I just cant wait to see my sweet little one. I have a feeling he/she is a good size.

Here is a picture of my 33 week bump!


7 more weeks to go or 49 more days! We are almost there!

No comments: